We all want to have a healthy skin and for achieving it we need to lead a healthy lifestyle. In one of the previous posts we told you about sun protection. It is one of the most important steps. Check below more lifestyle habits!
- Drinking enough water. If the body is dehydrated, the skin always shows it. On the face, the skin appears lackluster, flaky, and tight; fine lines and wrinkles are more evident, and it becomes irritated more easily.
- Sleeping enough hours (7 to 8 hours) because being sleep-deprived causes the body to release stress hormones, which can cause skin problems. This will also optimize the secretion of human growth hormone, which promotes cell turnover and collagen production, keeping the skin glowing and looking fresh.
- Eating fresh vegetables and fruits daily. Use an “ACE” rule. Vitamin A helps to prevent aging, C – to promote clarity, E – to protect against the environment. You can find vitamin A in carrots, spinach, broccoli, sweet potatoes and melons. C – peppers, strawberries, oranges, grapefruits and leafy greens. E – leafy greens, nuts, whole grains.
- Exfoliate your skin every week. Removing the outer layer of dead skin cells will help smooth skin texture, increase the absorption rate of your skin care products, and brighten up your complexion.
- Facial massage routine can lessen tension and increase circulation, thereby helping to keep skin cells healthy and aiding in lymphatic drainage.
Learn more about healthy skin lifestyle and skin care on our makeup courses!