Marbella Event Academy will assist and provide you with all the information you need for coming to study in Marbella.

Please, read below about accommodation in Marbella, flights to Malaga Airport, transfer from the airport to Marbella, Spanish student visa and insurance. If you have any additional questions, contact us:


2022 we offer shared rooms in private villa in Marbella and Puerto Banus area. You can choose to add this when booking.
When they are fully booked, we update with more options. For those of you who want to book your own accommodation, we will soon recommend various hotels, hostels and rooms for rent in Marbella. You can also do a search on the local newly released Rentals in Marbella.


Malaga Airport (AGP)

For coming to Marbella you should book a flight to Malaga airport (AGP). The airport is located 60 km from Marbella and it takes around 40 minutes to get there. Many companies are flying here with direct flights.
Covid-19 Updates when traveling to Spain.


Our Transfer

If you arrive at Malaga International Airport during your official check-in dates, we can sometimes assist with your transfer from the airport by private shuttle. Please, after booking a course, send confirmation of your flight details to us at least 10 days prior to your official arrival date to check availability. 

You can read about other available options below:


As soon as you leave the arrivals hall of the Malaga Airport, you will see a ticket office and just behind here are the bus stops. All arrivals and departures are from the same bus stop (Terminal 3 – Arrivals). There is a direct bus from Malaga Airport to Marbella which will bring you to Marbella Bus Station. The Bus Station has a cafe, lockers and a place to charge your phones. From there you can use another bus or taxi to get to the city center or your apartment.

Taxi, Uber, Cabify

You can take a taxi at the arrivals sidewalk of Terminal T3 or you can order Uber or Cabify. The price will be around 60€ – 80€. We recommend you to check and compare the offers when you arrive and choose the best option. Because the price will vary depending on day of the week and time of day.

Rent a Car

There are car hire companies located inside the airport: Avis, Budget, Six, Europcar, Record & Go, Goldcar, Hertz & Firefly. You can rent a car in advance and add your flight number to the car booking so they know when to expect you.


Who Needs to Apply for a Visa?

Students who come from an European Union country do not need a visa to study at Marbella Event Academy.

If you do not hold a valid European Union passport, you must apply for a Student Visa Type D. You should apply for your student visa as soon as you receive the acceptance package. The process of obtaining a visa can take between 1-2 months.

Please, download this document “Student Visa” for the visa application procedure and the requirements. Note that the list of required documents may vary depending on your country of residence. Please, consult the Spanish Embassy / Consulate in your country of residence.

If you need legal assistance obtaining Spanish student visa, contact Anderson Abogados Marbella to receive help from professional lawyers.


European Health Insurance Card

For the students who are citizens of the countries that accede to the Schengen treaty, there is a common document called the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).  

The EHIC ensures health coverage for travel made for work, study or tourism reasons. 

The EHIC identify the owner of the card as a user of the European Health System and gives access to available health resources from any European country in which the EHIC is valid: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Sweden and Switzerland. 

The EHIC is valid from the date of receipt until the expiry date indicated therein. 

For more information you can consult here.

Private Health Insurance

If you are not a citizen of the countries that accede to the Schengen treaty, you will need a type D student visa to enter Spain and will need a private insurance to apply for it. Please, check below the specific requirements of the Spanish Consulate for the health insurance:

  • The insurance must cover the entire period of your stay in Spain.
  • You must have a minimum of €30,000 coverage. Keep in mind that the maximum policy (or maximum coverage) is the maximum amount your insurance plan might pay for your eligible medical expenses. The minimum required by the embassy is €30,000, however, if you want more coverage, you can choose a plan with a higher policy maximum.
  • No deductible. A plan deductible is an amount you’ll need to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance plan can start paying. By choosing a $0 deductible, you make sure your plan can start covering your eligible medical expenses right away.
  • The plan must include repatriation.

Please note that requirements may vary depending on the consulate of each country or city, so it will always be better to confirm with the appropriate authorities before purchasing an insurance plan.

If you need help in choosing a health insurance company, you can contact Anderson Abogados Marbella to avoid mistakes when ordering an insurance.