Dry Ice

https://i2.wp.com/marbellaacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/t20_pLzO18-scaled.jpg?fit=2560%2C1721&ssl=1
Bartender, Category, ENG

Dry ice is cool and fun, right? It is used by bartenders to create a smoke effect 💨 in cocktails. But only when used correctly, it is perfectly safe. It is not an ordinary ice 🧊 and there are some things you should know before working with it.

It is the solid form of carbon dioxide. Used to cool food and beverages and doesn’t leave water behind like regular ice. Read these important rules of working with dry ice: ⁣⁣ 

  • It can cause burns or frostbite. Avoid skin contact with and use gloves, towels or pot holders to move it.⁣⁣ 
  • It is harmful if eaten or swallowed. If ingested, seek medical help immediately.⁣⁣ 
  • It changes to CO2 gas as it sublimates, causing a lack of oxygen which may cause difficulty breathing or suffocation. Use only in a ventilated location. ⁣⁣ 

How to use dry ice in cocktails? 🍸 Apply for our bartender courses and you will learn how to do it correctly!